OC DANCE STUDIO|Ballroom Dance Lessons|Classes in Orange County
1132 E. KATELLA AVE # A 18, ORANGE, CA 92867
|Posted on 6 June, 2014 at 11:22||comments (700)|
|Posted on 22 May, 2014 at 11:45||comments (747)|
Weigh Loss, Summer Body, Fitness Classes, Lose Weight...fun and efficient classes in Orange County for residents in
Tustin, Irvine, Costa Mesa, Newport Beach, Santa Ana, Fullerton, Anaheim, Yorba Linda, Vila Park...who are looking for a less boring place than a gym to lose weight and stay motivated to keep in shape while having fun! Our classes are fun, high energy with up beat playlist and friendly welcoming crowd! Check it out! www.theocdancestudio.com
|Posted on 21 January, 2014 at 12:18||comments (244)|
|Posted on 29 December, 2013 at 21:40||comments (404)|
|Posted on 5 November, 2012 at 17:04||comments (175)|
HOLIDAYS are approaching and so is fatty comforting food!!! Why wait until New Years Resolution??? Get your bootie in gear and come join us for a GREAT WEEKEND KICK OFF CLASS every Saturday from 9-10am for a TOTAL BODY PUMP work out!!! Eat guilt free during the holidays and make New Year's Resolution to be about shopping for that smaller size clothing!!! Check our schedule for all other dancing and weight loss classes! Talk is cheap! Stop planning and simply DO IT!
|Posted on 25 September, 2012 at 14:26||comments (591)|
Lately I find myself hearing more and more about students who have found out that by coming to our studio for different programs related to dancing, have helped them with their healing process of different issues either physicaly or emotionaly related. It sure makes us feel great to be promoters of positive experiences to our students so I thought about sharing some researches done by others to confirm that DANCING CAN BE HEALING...
DANCING TO HELP DEALING WITH CANCER:
Anne Krantz, a UCSF Clinical Psychologist and Dance Therapist explores the healing properties of dance. Dr. Krantz discusses her work using the art of dance for creative transformation, as patients revitalize, express, and renew confidence in their bodies to address physical, emotional and spiritual challenges of cancer.
DANCING TO HELP DEALING WITH DEMENTIA:
A study published in The New England Journal of Medicine investigated the effect leisure activities had on the risk of dementia in the elderly. Researchers found that frequent dancing was the only physical activity of the 9 studied that appeared to lower the participants’ risk of dementia considerably. The lead author of the study, Joe Verghese, a professor of Neurology at Albert Einstein College of Medicine, says he's not sure why dancing had such a unique effect, but surmises that, "unlike many other physical activities, dancing also involves significant mental effort and social interactions." Both intellectual and social stimulation have been shown to reduce the risk of getting dementia.
Come and dance with us for a better life, for a better YOU!
OC DANCE STUDIO
1132 E. KATELLA AVE # A18
ORANGE, CA 92867
|Posted on 30 August, 2012 at 16:54||comments (960)|
Students are always asking for more UP BEAT songs for work out and ballroom dancing. Rhianna is probably the most played singer for CHA CHA & SAMBA rhythms! We have lots of her songs in the OC DANCE STUDIO playlist and here is another one of her many TOP HITS for your enjoyment and if you want to move and "swelt" under the influence of her high energy songs, just come join our WEIGHT LOSS CLASSES and start "Swelting" (Sweating and Melting)!!!! Enjoy her video!
|Posted on 13 July, 2012 at 15:03||comments (297)|
Not sure what to do tonight or where to start? Start at OC DANCE STUDIO with easy to follow fun social Dancing Class for Singles and Couples! No partner needed but if you want to make it a date night...why not? Bring or partner or come alone and enjoy a few fun steps of Waltz, Swing, Cha Cha, Foxy, etc. It's always a surprise rhythm or rhythms! Class starts at 6:45-7:30 and dance floor is opened to all students for practicing time after class. Only $12 per person or no extra cost with $55 monthly pass. Come check it out and have fun!!! Check this out!
|Posted on 12 July, 2012 at 15:44||comments (599)|
OC DANCE STUDIO is about a lot more than just a dance studio! Our philosophy is about making people feel and look great! We are now featuring a boutique of WOMEN ASEXORIES (sexy accessories) to enhance ladies' every day basis with beautiful sexy elements without spending a fortune! We are barely starting and in the next few months we are committed to providing great products at an affordable pricing to make you look great and feel sexy! Check this necklaces for example: only $19 each!
Follow us on FB and stay tuned for more updates or come visit our showroom at 1132 E. Katella Ave#A18
in the city of Orange! Feel great & look beautiful!
|Posted on 6 July, 2012 at 17:09||comments (336)|
You decided is time to lose some weight, but not sure yet on how to start or get motivated. Mean while, each day that passes by is an extra day of extra weight until you actually take action. Then you set up big plans and because it takes time and work you end up not doing anything about and again more days and time passes by. Let's start with baby steps! Today and every day for the next 30 days you will do the following:
1) park your car as far as possible to the main entrance of your work, grocery store, shopping store, etc.
2) Avoid drive thrus. Park your card again as far as possible and walk into the food place. Better yet: avoid fast food in general! Don't have time to cook? That's fine, most grocery shops nowadays offer healthier options of "pick up" food such as rotisserie chicken and salads. Even a nice turkey sandwich from the deli is better than a Big Mac with fries!
3) Which brings me to types of food: let's avoid maybe 3 types of food for those 30 days as a baby step. So you want to cut off 3 items that are fried from your menu.
4) Drink lots of water between meals and a full glass right BEFORE each meal and specially in the am right after waking up.
5) Do you have dogs? Well instead of asking others to walk your dog, do it yourself and hopefully more than once a day. You will be doing both of you a great deed!
6) Avoid big intervals between meals and if you can't just simply carry power bars (with low calories) in your purse, car and drawers at work and try snacking or having small meals every 2 hours if possible. Again, SMALL meals in between main meals. HEALTHY snacks NOT extra chips or cookies!
7) Don't use food as your main source of pleasure or stress release. Call friends, get out of the house, if you are at work and got upset, go up and down the stairs until you calm down and mean while you will be burning calories! Don't have stairs? Go for a walk around the building or the parking lot.
8) Which brings me to another great tip: do you work sitting all day? No time for lunch? I am sure you can spare 15 mins here and there. Go do the stairs or the parking lot. I know it seems silly or boring, maybe in the 1st few days, but after 2 or 3 weeks of daily basis routine, you will do by habit and repetition.
9) Try exercising somehow a total of 3 hours minimum per week. Walking, jogging, biking, playing sports, dancing, etc. If you have to mix match...so be it! Whatever it takes to get out of the house/work place!
10) Avoid: non supportive friends and family members, bad influence people and situations, alcohol and most of all, watch out for your sabotaging mind! Your worse enemy! Whenever you decide to lose weight and start a new life style, your mind will be your biggest challenge! You will not start because you forgot your tennis shoes at home, you are too tired, you don't have time, your family and children need you at home, your working hours, your lack of energy, motivation, etc. You must fight all those obstacles and create a new life style for yourself and that will only happen when you break bad habits long enough that your thoughts and way of living will change and no looking back.